Postgre SQL Error
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
keno

Titel: Postgre SQL Error
Verfasst am: Fr, 27 Apr 2007, 19:22
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

I have installed UploadPic version 1.3.4 on an un-moded phpBB 2.0.22 forum. I have complete access to the server which is a Windows 2003 Standard SP1 using IIS 6.0. I have PostgreSQL 8.2 as my DB.

I have repeted the installation steps several time to see if I missed any. After reading the post in the phpBB Modifications forum I am still having problems getting the Mod to work right.

The "Upload Pic" button shows but when you click it the window shows "An Error Occurred". In the Admin panel the configuration works but selecting UploadPic, UploadPic groups and UploadPic recent all display "General Error " "An Error Occurred". Selecting UploadPic users generates:

An Error Occurred

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : -1 ERROR: function left(character varying, integer) does not exist at character 61 HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.

SELECT username FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id > 0 ORDER BY LEFT(username,1)

Line : 78
File : admin_uploadpic_users.php

I desperately need to get this Mod installed and working. What needs to be done? Please let me know if you require more information.

Rang:
boris

Titel: Re: Postgre SQL Error
Verfasst am: Fr, 27 Apr 2007, 22:44
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

keno @ Fr, 27 Apr 2007, 20:22 gab folgendes von sich:
SQL Error : -1 ERROR: function left(character varying, integer) does not exist

Well, seems like PostgreSQL does not know the "LEFT"-function of SQL, which I thought was a standard. As phpbb.com didn't complain about the query I guess that you have a special (not-standard) version (or phpbb.com didn't look close enough when verifying UploadPic) ... I can't really verify that, as I'm not using PostgreSQL.

However: if your replace "LEFT(username,1)" with "username", you should be ok, too.
I don't know if you're up to some special effects if you do so, but not being able to use the "LEFT"-function won't leave you a choice, right ? Wink

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
keno

Verfasst am: Mo, 30 Apr 2007, 16:58
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Boris,
Thank you for answering. I made the change you recommended. Now I receive:

An Error Occurred

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : -1 ERROR: column "user_allow_uploadpic" does not exist at character 27

SELECT user_id, username, user_allow_uploadpic FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id > 0 ORDER BY username LIMIT 0, 50

Line : 107
File : admin_uploadpic_users.php

I looked at the phpbb_user table and there is no column for this. In reading the install_uploadpic.php file it talks about a confirmation page upon successful installation.

//
// Output confirmation page?
//

I never received this or a failure either. Is this a problem with postgreSQL or my php install?

I have several different php apps running and have not encountered any problems to date and there was no problem installing PhpBB with PostgreSQL.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Mo, 30 Apr 2007, 18:44
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

keno @ Mo, 30 Apr 2007, 17:58 gab folgendes von sich:
Is this a problem with postgreSQL or my php install?

I have no idea. The Install-Skript, too, is phpBB-standard so something is definitely strange about your database.

Seems like you'll have to execute the queries on your own, they're listed here (taken from the install-script) or here (make sure you change the path as described in the second link !).

You don't really need to execute the "INSERT"-Queries as that can be done with "UploadPic config" once you get it running, but this query is a must, so you should try and get that to work (change "phpbb_" according to your table-prefix):

Code:
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_allow_uploadpic TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
keno

Verfasst am: Mi, 02 Mai 2007, 19:34
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

OK, I'm still not sure what the problem is between the install file and PostgreSQL but I manually made the required SQL entries and the MOD is working. BTW, Great MOD Boris! Thank you for your help and efforts.
Rang:
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    beeForum Foren-übersicht » hal9000 » mod support Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:  

ähnliche Beiträge
Thema Autor Forum Antworten Verfasst am
Keine neuen Beiträge Error message: "Please make sure the install an... mainicia mod support 1 Mo, 09 Jul 2007, 10:20 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Debug Mode Error borrem mod support 3 So, 25 Feb 2007, 05:48 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Error in SQL install !! shorbaji mod support 1 Fr, 23 Feb 2007, 19:29 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge General Error: UploadPic & UploadPic recent in a... shayluv4u mod support 5 Sa, 23 Dez 2006, 20:15 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge censorred functions jpg error Fluring Lifes mod support 1 Di, 19 Dez 2006, 22:42 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen

Schreiben: nein. Antworten: nein. Bearbeiten: nein. Löschen: nein. Umfragen: nein.
phpBB © phpBB Group | impressum