Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
wolfer14

Titel: Please Help (idea): Thumbnail / Popup
Verfasst am: Fr, 02 Dez 2005, 09:18
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

I love your Script

This is by far the best image support for Phpbb users that don't know how to reduce their images before posting

Your script is perfect in many ways....But I have a suggestion I hope you can add to this wonderful php mod.

Here’s what I'm looking for;

When users upload an image I want to be able to set max image size IE 1000X1000. But I would like the image to only be a certain size in the actual post IE 150x150 (thumbnail)
So when the post is viewed there are thumbnails where the user wants the image. Set by the post size (150x150)

Users then can click on the posted image to view in a Popup or new window set by the max image size (1000x1000) (Click image to close would be nice)

Is this hard to add to the mod....Or could it be done by the through the IMG tag in the script to set width and height (ie 150x150) then full size when the users click on the image to be viewed at full size? This way you don't have to have the GD make thumbnails.

The reason I would like to see this feature:

1 Allows users to post full size images set my Me. Which when viewed at full size can be printed ( IE a picture of a map)

2. By being able to set post size. It doesn't mess up the Phpbb board with huge images.

Once again thank-you for your hard work.

Rang:
boris

Titel: Re: Please Help (idea): Thumbnail / Popup
Verfasst am: Fr, 02 Dez 2005, 14:57
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

wolfer14 gab folgendes von sich:
When users upload an image I want to be able to set max image size IE 1000X1000. But I would like the image to only be a certain size in the actual post IE 150x150 (thumbnail)

I thought about this feature before and answered a request for it in the german phpBB-forum - which you, of course, cannot know Smile, but I'll include it in the FAQ-list.

There are MODs that already do this:
simple image resize will shrink pictures to a smaller size if a limit is exceeded. The page is in german (on phpbb.de, the german support-forum for phpBB) but the really short MOD (which is here) is in english.
Another Javascript-Hack is described here (read to the bottom, the first version has an error), it looks like it does the same as "simple image resize".

I guess those MODs will pretty much do what you need.

Or could it be done by the through the IMG tag in the script to set width and height

There's another MOD called "manual image resize" which adds "width"- and "height"-attributes to the IMG-Tag, but it's takes longer to install and doesn't have the popup-feature so UploadPic would also have to be changed to generate something like this:

Code:
[url=picture][img width=150 height=150]picture_now_resized[/img][/url]

So the Javascript MODs mentioned above should be a lot easier to install and use.

The "problem" with the thumbnail-option is this: if people don't have a fast connection and they read a topic with several "thumbnailed" pictures, those images are not really smaller (in filesize) than the original, they are just resized virtually. So imagine having a couple of pictures with a size of 1000x1000 - anybody reading the thread would have to load all the pictures in full, even though they may not want to see the big version. (That's the reason why I don't have any of the resize-MODs installed.)

To really make that work nicely, you'd have to have two pictures: the (maybe resized) original and the thumbnail (resized to a different size). That could certainly be a feature for UploadPic but it's also a lot of work and due to lack of time (currently spending it all on the support Smile) I didn't - and probably won't - include it.

Once again thank-you for your hard work.

No problem, it's rewarding posts like yours that make it less hard Wink

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    beeForum Foren-übersicht » hal9000 » mod support Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:  

Schreiben: nein. Antworten: nein. Bearbeiten: nein. Löschen: nein. Umfragen: nein.
phpBB © phpBB Group | impressum