Gallery of pictures for all viewers - help
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
TomNoonan

Titel: Gallery of pictures for all viewers - help
Verfasst am: Fr, 24 Nov 2006, 10:29
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Hello everyone, I recently installed uploadpic and it works great!

One thing that I want to do is to allow anyone (guests or members) to go onto a page where they can see a list of all the members who have pics uploaded (with a thumbnail of one of their pics) and then they can click on that member to see a page with a gallery of thumbnails of that member's pictures.

I noticed that each filename begins with the user id of the person who uploaded it. I don't know where to go from there.

Anyone ever done this or thought about it?

Thanks!

Rang:
boris

Titel: Re: Gallery of pictures for all viewers - help
Verfasst am: Fr, 24 Nov 2006, 11:30
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

I've thought about it and discussed it somewhere in another topic, this is the result:

I will not build a function like that: I'd have to check for each picture, if the user is allowed to see it.
Because if a user is not allowed to see a post (depending on login-, user- and/or group-permissions) he should also not see the pictures in the post ! So I'd have to find out, if the picture has been used in a post that the user is allowed to see (the same picture may be in different posts) and then display it.
That would require a massive server-load, imagine a huge board with a couple of thousand pictures and maybe hundreds of thousands of posts !

Plus: this feature would make UploadPic "UploadPicAndCompleteImageLibrary" and that's not intended.

So even if someone was to build an add-on for UploadPic with this feature, thinking of the server-load I doubt it could ever be realised (unless you just list every uploaded picture not regarding the group-rights but that's definitely not recommended !)

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
TomNoonan

Titel: (Kein Titel)
Verfasst am: Fr, 24 Nov 2006, 22:12
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

My forum is about bicycles with motors attached, so every member has their own bike or bikes, and everyone likes to post pictures of them.

I would be ok with adding a note on the uploadpic page that says "Please note that everyone can view these pictures in your gallery, no matter what"

How would I go about coding in a script that looks in the "userpix" directory, and pulls out the userID number from each pic into a variable? I could probably finish the thing off from there.

Thanks!

PS. everyone on my forum is already really satisfied with the Uploadpic mod, we all think it is just wonderful!

Rang:
boris

Titel: (Kein Titel)
Verfasst am: Sa, 25 Nov 2006, 00:19
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

There's the Album-MOD and (AFAIK) there's an add-on for the nickpage-MOD that seem to do what you want. But I don't really know, I'm not using those MODs, you may want to check there.

Sorry, but I don't have time to do "on request features". Go ahead and experiment with the code, if you like, and post your results here to share them with other users.
The only thing I can tell you is to look into the code in admin_uploadpic.php or admin_uploadpic_latest.php, those scripts contain functions to read the userpix-directory, which is part of what you'll need.

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    beeForum Foren-übersicht » hal9000 » mod support Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:  

ähnliche Beiträge
Thema Autor Forum Antworten Verfasst am
Keine neuen Beiträge Gary Larson - The Far Side Gallery 5 boris kühnes mittelscharfer 0 Sa, 18 Apr 2009, 09:35 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge How to delete images from gallery? sanax mod support 4 Do, 25 Mai 2006, 07:55 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Allow guests to upload pictures? ugly mike mod support 1 Mo, 08 Mai 2006, 04:46 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Gallery, reverse sorting of the pics. Danko mod support 2 Mo, 06 Feb 2006, 23:33 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Gallery pics dont show Wicher mod support 3 Fr, 03 Feb 2006, 16:28 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen

Schreiben: nein. Antworten: nein. Bearbeiten: nein. Löschen: nein. Umfragen: nein.
phpBB © phpBB Group | impressum