Benutzername    Passwort    Autologin    
  Passwort vergessen       Registrieren  
beeForum Foren-übersicht » hal9000 » mod support
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Hervorhebung entfernen

Upload pic install error
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Kevio

Titel: Upload pic install error
Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 05:03
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Hello, I am getting the following error when I try to run the install (version 1.1.2):

"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/38/d119503413/htdocs/forums/install_uploadpic.php on line 53"

I am running the install from the root directory of my forum (http://forums.carvinmuseum.com). I get the initial setup screen, then the error when I try to proceed with the install.

If I try to run the installer from the "install/" directory, I don't get the setup screen - I get about half my forum, with no graphics, just unformatted text. Weird.

Help!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Kevio am Do, 15 Dez 2005, 06:06, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet. (1 Prozent)

Rang:
Kevio

Titel: (Kein Titel)
Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 05:29
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

I just went through the updates to 1.1.3a, and I'm still getting the same error.

Oh, and I'm using MySQL.

Rang:
Kevio

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 07:25
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Disregard - I figured it out.

And it's cool - I like it!

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 10:05
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Kevio @ Do, 15 Dez 2005, 07:25 gab folgendes von sich:
Disregard - I figured it out.

If only everybody had self-solving problems ... I love it ... big grin

Any hint what you did to fix it in case somebody gets the same error ?

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
Kevio

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 19:16
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Essentially, since I ran the installer from the root, the virtual path was wrong for the upload directory. Once I edited the path to the forum root, it was able to find the upload directory successfully.

With that said, I am trying to do something. I want the "Upload Pic" text link to be a button (in posting_body.tpl), like the BBCode, URL, IMG buttons. I have the following code:

Code:
  <input type="button" class="button" name="uploadpic" value="Upload Pic" style="text-decoration: width: 70px" onClick="URL_UPLOADPIC" target="_uploadpic" onMouseOver="helpline('up')" />

The button is there, but when I click it, nothing happens. Can you tell me what my "onclick=" code should look like to invoke the picture uploading pop up window?

Thanks!

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 21:56
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Kevio @ Do, 15 Dez 2005, 19:16 gab folgendes von sich:
Can you tell me what my "onclick=" code should look like to invoke the picture uploading pop up window?

1. if you had a "normal" link (not a popup-window) the URL needs to look something like "{URL_UPLOADPIC}" (not only URL_UPLOADPIC, or the template-system won't replace it with the URL)

2. as you want to open a window, the code should look like this (taken from posting_body.tpl after adding UploadPic), as you're missing the "open.window"-code:

Code:
onclick="window.open('{S_UPLOADPIC}', '_uploadpic', 'HEIGHT=400,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=450');return false;"

Not tested - let me know if it works and I'll include it in the FAQ ...

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
boris

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 22:23
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Couldn't resist big grin ... I tested it - this works:

Code:
<input type="button" class="button" name="uploadpic" value="{L_UPLOADPIC}" onClick="window.open('{S_UPLOADPIC}', '_uploadpic', 'HEIGHT=400,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=450');return false;" onMouseOver="helpline('up')" />

No need to use "style" ("text-decoration" is obsolete anyways) and you don't need the "target" as the button is not a link.
I'd also use "{L_UPLOADPIC}" instead of "UploadPic" so you can change the name in the language-files globally.

The reason why I won't change it for me: the button just works, if you have JavaScript enabled, the textlink opens a new browser-window (or tab) for people without JavaScript and the normal popup for everybody else.

Kevio

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 22:40
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

That's getting closer. When I use the S_UPLOADPIC from your code, the window opens, but it's empty (blank). It looks to me like it should be URL_UPLOADPIC, but when I use that, I get the following:

It looks like there a quote missing or something, but not in posting_body.tpl, but in the actual URL that is being called in posting.php.

Here's what my button code looks like:

Code:
  <input type="button" class="button" name="uploadpic" value="Upload Pic" style="width: 70px" onclick="window.open('{URL_UPLOADPIC}', '_uploadpic', 'HEIGHT=400,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=450');return false;" target="_uploadpic" onMouseOver="helpline('up')" />

And here is what the actual URL code in posting.php looks like:

Code:

'URL_UPLOADPIC' => ($userdata['user_allow_uploadpic'] == 1) ? '<a href="'.append_sid('uploadpic.php').'" onclick="window.open(\''.append_sid('uploadpic.php').'\', \'_uploadpic\', \'HEIGHT=400,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=450\');return false;" target="_uploadpic" class="nav" onMouseOver="helpline(\'up\')">'.$lang['UploadPic'].'</a>&nbsp;<br \>' : '',

I know there's just a syntax error somewhere, but I'm not seeing it...

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 22:46
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Kevio @ Do, 15 Dez 2005, 22:40 gab folgendes von sich:
And here is what the actual URL code in posting.php looks like:

Shit ... and sorry - as I'm always using my code that I'm constantly enhancing, I am using the version 1.2.0, your code looks like the old v1.1.3-version which had the "open.window"-command in posting.php (it's now in the posting_body.tpl using a switch).

Please help yourself to the new version (which I released minutes ago, you should have a PM by now Smile) here. After changing the code to the new version, everything should be fine (it worked for me).

Kevio

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 23:08
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

I installed 1.2 (thanks!), but I can't run the installer. This is the same as my original problem. For some reason, any installer (not just yours) that I try to run from the install directory will not work. I get some unformatted text from my forum - the nav controls and such - but no installer.

Now that you modified the code to prevent the installer from running in the root, I'm stuck. Can you show me what to change in the installer to allow it to run in the root (then I'll change my paths manually again)?

Thanks again!

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 23:26
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Kevio @ Do, 15 Dez 2005, 23:08 gab folgendes von sich:
Can you show me what to change in the installer to allow it to run in the root (then I'll change my paths manually again)?

Just remove this:
Code:
   if (!file_exists($phpbb_root_path.'extension.inc'))
   {
      exit("(...)");
   }

That's the check if the "extension.inc" exists - after you removed those lines, you will have to change the paths manually to make the script work.

Kevio

Verfasst am: Do, 15 Dez 2005, 23:33
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks much. I'll do that later tonight when my traffic is lower.

However, even without running the installer, 1.2 works, the button works, it all works (except, of course, the new 1.2 features that the installer has to set up).

The button is a great way to implement this - really looks snazzy.

I had a suggestion, too. On the "upload pic users" section of the Admin panel (where you check/uncheck users), could you add a "Select All/Deselect All" function? Might be a nice addition.

Feel free to use my site as an example. Take screen shots, anything you like. If i can help you out, just let me know.

Thanks again for all your help!

Rang:
Kevio

Verfasst am: Fr, 16 Dez 2005, 03:02
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

OK, all seems to work. I ran the installer, and have the gallery, so it looks like it worked.

However, in my pic configuration, some of the labels are missing:

I looked at the lang files, and I don't see anything wrong - everything appears to be there like it should. It's only the new tags (for the 1.2 upgrade). I'll keep looking to see if I can find the problem.

Rang:
Kevio

Verfasst am: Fr, 16 Dez 2005, 03:33
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

OK, I fixed that. Didn't upload the files in the /admin directory. Duh.

Is there anything special I need to do to make the watermark work? I can see it in the admin panel, but when I check the box and save the configuration, the box unchecks itself. I'll probably figure that out, as well... Mr. Green

Rang:
Kevio

Verfasst am: Fr, 16 Dez 2005, 03:53
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

...and I went into phpmyadmin and changed the setting for the watermark manually. Solved the problem. I dunno if there's a bug in your code, or (more likely) it's just because I've tinkered with mine so much.

Regardless, everything works now, and works well. I must say, this is one of the coolest mods I've seen. Well done!

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Fr, 16 Dez 2005, 11:04
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Kevio gab folgendes von sich:
On the "upload pic users" section of the Admin panel (where you check/uncheck users), could you add a "Select All/Deselect All" function?

Good idea, I put it on my list for a future update.

Kevio gab folgendes von sich:
when I check the box and save the configuration, the box unchecks itself.

That happens when the install-script didn't create the database-fields.
(if you now a little SQL: the config-script executes an "UPDATE"-query which updates the data if it's there ... if the field is not found, the query doesn't return an error, the "affected_rows" are 0 - that's just what you fixed by manually creating the data with phpMyAdmin)

As everybody should run the install-script I guess I won't even fix that as nobody should be able to run UploadPic without the install-routine big grin

adicor

Verfasst am: Mi, 21 Dez 2005, 20:40
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Zitat:
Essentially, since I ran the installer from the root, the virtual path was wrong for the upload directory. Once I edited the path to the forum root, it was able to find the upload directory successfully.

what exactly did you do? if you can step by step explain, i'd be gratefull Smile

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Mi, 21 Dez 2005, 22:41
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

adicor @ Mi, 21 Dez 2005, 20:40 gab folgendes von sich:
what exactly did you do? if you can step by step explain, i'd be gratefull Smile

Honestly: I think your problem is the missing userpix-directory (first) ... as you don't seem to have virtual paths you should not mess with the install-script.

adicor

Verfasst am: Do, 22 Dez 2005, 19:17
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

ok. i manually created a userpix directory with a ftp client, in the forum root. what now? it still doesn't work..
Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Do, 22 Dez 2005, 21:32
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

adicor @ Do, 22 Dez 2005, 19:17 gab folgendes von sich:
ok. i manually created a userpix directory with a ftp client, in the forum root. what now? it still doesn't work..

"still doesn't work" means what ?
Do you get an error message ? What does it say ??

What did you call your directory ? Cause http://cnrn.uv.ro/userpix still doesn't seem to exist ... !
Did you change the directory permissions to 777 ?
What's your "script_path" ? (look in the database, table "phpbb_config")
What's your UploadPic-directory set to ?

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    beeForum Foren-übersicht » hal9000 » mod support Seite 1 von 2
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Gehe zu:  

ähnliche Beiträge
Thema Autor Forum Antworten Verfasst am
Keine neuen Beiträge Mailbenachrichtigung bei Bild-Upload boris mod support 0 Do, 20 Aug 2009, 19:25 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Upload Pic erweiterung parariedel mod support 3 Mo, 12 Mai 2008, 19:49 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Nach Update kein Upload mehr möglich !!?? Player-GTI mod support 14 Di, 29 Jan 2008, 14:55 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Upload Pic Problem mit User Rechte meme mod support 2 Mo, 21 Jan 2008, 14:29 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Upload Pic für phpBB3 miwie mod support 2 Mo, 17 Dez 2007, 20:17 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen

Schreiben: nein. Antworten: nein. Bearbeiten: nein. Löschen: nein. Umfragen: nein.
phpBB © phpBB Group | impressum