Benutzername    Passwort    Autologin    
  Passwort vergessen       Registrieren  
beeForum Foren-übersicht » silikonimplantate
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Hervorhebung entfernen

Konzertkritik: Brant Bjork and the Bros.
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
boris

Titel: Konzertkritik: Brant Bjork and the Bros.
Verfasst am: Mo, 11 Apr 2005, 21:56
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Vorab: auf den Plakaten steht überall "Brant Bjork" und nicht "Björk" wie die gleichnamige isländische Eisfee.
Wie auch immer ...

... während des Konzerts fielen mir schon einige Begriffe ein, die die Attitude der vier Herren beschreiben sollten: entspannt trifft es zwar, aber das Wort ist klanglich einfach noch zu hart, lässig passt rein begrifflich zwar auch, ist aber noch zu schnell ... am besten kommt die französische Aushilfe leger hin: extrem entspannt, super-lässig und das ganze noch in unbeirrbarer Langsamkeit.

Mancher Kyuss-Fan hätte sich manchmal ein bißchen mehr Geschwindigkeit gewünscht, aber hatte man sich erstmal an die Kopfnicker-Nummer im Schneckentempo gewöhnt, gabs kein Halten mehr - die Jungs hauen so richtig auf die Kacke, ohne daß man überhaupt merken würde, in welchem Schatten sie eigentlich stehen ... wahrscheinlich tun sies selber nicht sondern nur die Fans und BB & the Bros machen einfach das, was sie am besten können: Musik aus der furztrockenen Wüste und trotzdem grasgrün.
Brant Bjork an sich ist zwar als Drummer von Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Ché und Mondo Generator bekannt, bei den Bros legt er allerdings äußerst gekonnt Hand an die Klampfe und singt sogar noch dazu. Dieser Einfluß war es wahrscheinlich auch, der den ewigen Kyuss-Vergleich nicht mehr wirklich zuläßt, sondern die Musik deutlich mehr in Richtung Blues führt.

Hört man dann noch, daß die vier nach dem Konzert noch mit geneigten Fans eine Kneipentour durchs nächtliche Wuppertal starten, nehmen die Sympathiebekundungen schon Superlative an.

Und für alle, die den Hals nicht vollkriegen können, ist uns gerade noch ein Link zugespielt worden: am gestrigen Abend mit einem HiTech-Spion-Aufnahmegerät mit eingebautem Mikrofon (Studio-Referenz) mitgeschnitten und im Netz veröffentlicht ... ein vierzehminütiger Brecher der Band. Trotz Live-Mitschnitt im Publikum in herausragender Qualität:

Brant Bjork bootleg (3MB)
(rechte Maustaste: "Ziel speichern unter")

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
Jan

Titel: (Kein Titel)
Verfasst am: Di, 12 Apr 2005, 06:45
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Geile Sache wars auf alle Fälle! Gemein waren diese vielleicht absichtlich zelebrierten Kyuss-Anfänge! Wenn's denn überhaupt wirklich welche waren. Oftmals hatte es den Anschein, als erwartete uns hinter der nächsten Ecke Gardenia!

Aber dass erwähnter Fan alleine mit Teilen der Band mitsamt Brant Bjork bis fünf Uhr morgens in einer bekannten Nordstadt-Kneipe versackt, spricht für die Jungs!

Zitat:
am besten kommt die französische Aushilfe leger hin: extrem entspannt, super-lässig und das ganze noch in unbeirrbarer Langsamkeit.

Das triffst gut! Man könnte auch sagen: Ich hab noch nie so viele Eier auf einer Bühne gesehen...

Private Nachricht senden Rang:superaddict methusalem 4. platz Profi-Trinker (3x Hamm)
boris

Verfasst am: Di, 12 Apr 2005, 19:32
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Jan gab folgendes von sich:
Gemein waren diese vielleicht absichtlich zelebrierten Kyuss-Anfänge!

Ich hatte auch mehr als einmal das Gefühl, jetzt würde gleich ein Kyuss-Gewitter hereinbrechen, auch dachte ich, daß die Jungs irgendwann den Zwischenrufen nachgeben, aber vielleicht war das auch nur der running gag von Mr. Bigmouth (der Tourmanager mit der Mütze).

So gerne ich auch "El Rodeo" live gehört hätte, mit der Stimme wärs was anderes gewesen ... aber trotzdem: "The circus was back in town!"

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
whitewatersky

Titel: Brant Bjork
Verfasst am: Do, 13 Okt 2005, 08:23
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

hi
Andrew from Australia here.

sorry i can't speak German.

do you have any live brant bjork recordings or video?

I have something to trade filmed in sydney in 2004.

thanksandrew
andrewplowright AT yah00 DOT c0m

Rang:
boris

Titel: Re: Brant Bjork
Verfasst am: Do, 13 Okt 2005, 10:09
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

whitewatersky gab folgendes von sich:
do you have any live brant bjork recordings or video?

Sorry, none available.
The recording I was trying to make (and which is here) is just a piece of noise and was only put online as a joke as it was done with a normal MP3-player with a voice recording feature.

whitewatersky

Verfasst am: Do, 13 Okt 2005, 23:54
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

hi.
thanks for replying. i just found the forum when searching for a BB bootleg.
oh well.
are you a fan of his music ?

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Fr, 14 Okt 2005, 13:57
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

are you a fan of his music ?

After the concert: more than before Smile

I first saw Kyuss at the "Dynamo" festival (Netherlands) around 1994 which probably featured Brant Bjork at the time and actually did NOT like them, which was not very difficult as they were playing as the supporting supporting supporting act (around noon) with no soundcheck at all so they sounded (even more) like a bassy wall of noise.
After all Kyuss is now one of my favourite bands, I'm not too familiar with the Brant Bjork-stuff, though. I liked the "Che"-album, but it was never one of my Top10-records. I also once heard something from "Brant Bjork and the operators" but it didn't really get to me ... but maybe hearing it once just wasnt't enough or I expected to much after the concert and the album wasn't just as powerful.

However: the concert was great ! And the guys (BB & the Bros.) are probably some of the coolest I've seen - after the show they hung out with a couple of friends of mine, checking out several bars in the city and drinking til morning, also giving them free T-Shirts and CDs.
I've only seen a comparable "hanging out with the crowd"-behaviour from Mother Tongue who talked to the fans after the show, giving them personal autographs and thanking us for showing up. Josh Homme of the Queens of the Stone Age was pretty relaxed too, allowing people to make recordings at a huge concert in Cologne this year when the security-jerks were trying to take away cameras from people.

whitewatersky

Verfasst am: So, 16 Okt 2005, 23:58
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

that's cool.
i spoke with Brant a bit when they were in sydney last year.
i forgot that they were playing and a few friends and I stopped into one ot the better pubs around 5pm on a friday. my firnds were out from Calif. and i had always told them about the pub (the Annandale Hotel) so we thought we'd have a beer there.

after about 15 mins BB and Bros started doing their sound check. so that was a nice reminder. the soundcheck was amazing so we thought 'fuck this' we gotta get tickets.

i was never really hooked by BB's music from the CDs i had heard from mates. ok, but.... i WAS kinda curious about watching him live, but i go to too many shows, so it went outta my mind that he was touring. lucky i saw the soundcheck - the ultimate advertisement. i love KYUSS. never saw them live tho. bummer. funny tho, my favourite Kyuss song is Whitewater, off Sky Valley which Brant wrote as i recall. now i have listened to his albums SINCE the live show, i'm a huge fan. very honest music. so refreshing.

i filmed his soundcheck AND show, if you want a copy. it's a bit distorted cos the were FUCKING LOUD (as they probly were for you too). still amazing to watch tho.

where in germany are you ? my wife and I were over there in March. my friends' band SAMIAM was touring so we went and filmed 5 of their shows and had a honeymoon too. we went to Muenster, Oldenburg, Koln, Hamburg. great fun.

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Di, 18 Okt 2005, 20:19
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

very honest music. so refreshing.

true !
plus: the guys are so relaxed. I've seen much smaller (even local) bands that think they're so much bigger ... I actually left a concert once because the singer was being so arrogant Mad

i filmed his soundcheck AND show, if you want a copy.

Thanks, I really appreciate that ... I'd love to see the video, especially as the sound of my recording is so crappy.
I'll get back to you via eMail.

where in germany are you ?

Looks like you've been around, remember the little church on the right ? Smile
I live in Köln (see left at the bottom of my picture, "Wohnort" means location or residence)

It's great you could do the tour with your friends - they're a pretty well know band over here, even though I have to admit, I never heard their music, but i've seen their name on lots of t-shirts on festivals.

whitewatersky

Verfasst am: Di, 18 Okt 2005, 23:36
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

here's something you might like:

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31WZ2C7RY600S0U0EQ7E7JSAPD

it's Brant Bjork at Roadburn 2005-04-09.rm

great live recording - 33MB, plays in Real Player. 47.46min.

We watched Samiam play at Stollwerk there in Koln.
now this is a long shot, but do you know a guy named Werner Schuette ? he recorded samiam on his hard drive/iPod for me and never returned my emails. (unlikely you know him, but worth a try !)

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Fr, 21 Okt 2005, 09:24
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

here's something you might like:

Cool!
I downloaded it yesterday and spend half of the evening looking for a tool to convert it to .wav so I can get it on CD ... done now Smile

now this is a long shot, but do you know a guy named Werner Schuette ?

With 1 million people in Cologne thats a VERY long shot Wink
But checking my local phonebook gave me a Werner Schütte living in Cologne. No adress (especially no email-adress) there, but a phone number: 0221 6 80 17 80 (that would probably be +49 221 6801780 from Australia). If it's important, maybe that's worth a try ...

Also I can find a Werner Schütte via (german only) stayfriends-site: check here
he went to school in Cologne, finished 1992, should be around 32 now.
Unfortunately I don't have a premium stayfriends-account, so I can't contact him there.

whitewatersky

Verfasst am: Mo, 24 Okt 2005, 01:16
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

sweeeet !
I will try calling him. i'd love that show (I have it recorded from the video camera and a mic onto minidisc, but no desk audio).

I've done the BB show onto DVD so I'll get a copy done for you and send it.

you a fan of Samiam ?
they are hopefull making another album soon! so stoked !
www.GoSamGo.com

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Mo, 24 Okt 2005, 12:53
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

I've done the BB show onto DVD so I'll get a copy done for you and send it.

Great ! Thanks a lot !

you a fan of Samiam ?

I can't say as I never heard their music ... but just being curious:
What does it mean and how do you pronounce it ? "Sam I Am" or "Say-me-am" ... or even differently ? Smile

whitewatersky

Verfasst am: Mo, 24 Okt 2005, 23:25
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

it's SAM - I - AM

check them out. a friend has a German fansite:

www.samiam.de
or there's their official site:\\www.gosamgo.com

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Mi, 26 Okt 2005, 19:00
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

it's SAM - I - AM check them out. a friend has a German fansite:

I gave them a try and got me a couple of songs from the german fansite, but the music didn't really get to me ... probably a bit too ... how do I say it ? ... "punky" for me.
I can't say what they reminded me of, but definitly bands I normally don't listen to Wink

bumpi

Verfasst am: Mi, 26 Okt 2005, 22:29
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

boris gab folgendes von sich:
... probably a bit too ... how do I say it ? ... "punky" for me.

WHO? WHERE? WHAT?

Private Nachricht senden Rang:addict methusalem
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    beeForum Foren-übersicht » silikonimplantate Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:  

ähnliche Beiträge
Thema Autor Forum Antworten Verfasst am
Keine neuen Beiträge Film: Super Mario Bros. boris zelluloid 0 Sa, 19 März 2022, 09:51 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge 28.03.2010, 20:00: Brant Bjork, Underground, Köln Kalender silikonimplantate 0 So, 28 März 2010, 00:04 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Konzertkritik: Trance Groove (5.6.08 / Kulturkirche,... boris silikonimplantate 0 So, 15 Jun 2008, 17:18 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Konzertkritik: Genesis (26.6.07, LTU-Arena, Düsseldorf) boris silikonimplantate 2 Sa, 13 Okt 2007, 10:31 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge Konzertkritik: Amplifier (22.10.06 / Prime Club, Köln) boris silikonimplantate 0 Di, 14 Nov 2006, 20:41 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen

Schreiben: nein. Antworten: nein. Bearbeiten: nein. Löschen: nein. Umfragen: nein.
phpBB © phpBB Group | impressum