Add on for UploadPic
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
~HG~

Titel: Add on for UploadPic
Verfasst am: Mi, 25 Jan 2006, 23:46
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

This mod is awesome so I was wondering if you have considered, or would consider an add on to it that allows members to upoad a pic to their profile?

Of course it would have to be restricted in size and i would suggest 120 x 120 pixels.

It could also be dual purpose by having a picture uploaded and next to it have their avatar as well.

Just something to think about as an add on to this mod.

Rang:
boris

Titel: Re: Add on for UploadPic
Verfasst am: Do, 26 Jan 2006, 11:24
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

~HG~ @ Mi, 25 Jan 2006, 23:46 gab folgendes von sich:
It could also be dual purpose by having a picture uploaded and next to it have their avatar as well.

This would mean I'd have to do some major changes to UploadPic and phpBB as well, as the profile is maintained a lot different that the messages. Also the ACP would have to change, as I'd have to check if pictures are in use in the profile ...

Basically it's a good idea but as something similar already exists (the "Nickpage"-MOD, which didn't work for me, actually it seems to be pretty erraneous, but it's there), I don't think I'll include it in the near future (if ever).

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
~HG~

Titel: (Kein Titel)
Verfasst am: Do, 26 Jan 2006, 20:20
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

I have played around with the nickpage mod but because it is written in German (I haven't seen an English version) I haent been able to get it to work either.

I understand what you say about the profile page being different and I am thinking along the lines of being able to upload in the manner that you can upload an avatar to the gallery.

I would think an add on would be close to using the code that is already available for avatars and that it would not take a lot to do.

I have not looked into that side of phpBB in any sort of detail so I dont really know what the workings of it are but maybe you do so hence when I installed the UploadPic mod, I also allowed uploading avatars for the first time on my forum and it was then I thought it would be a relatively easy mod to write to upload a pic to your profile as well.

Anyway it is up to you if you want to look further into it and give it some more thought or maybe someone reading this might just like to give it a go.

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Do, 26 Jan 2006, 21:29
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

~HG~ @ Do, 26 Jan 2006, 20:20 gab folgendes von sich:
I would think an add on would be close to using the code that is already available for avatars and that it would not take a lot to do.

Basically: yes, but that would be a MOD completely different from UploadPic, as I use my own code not the avatar-upload-code.
Also, the avatar-upload-code doesn't provide the resizing of images of any kind.

~HG~ gab folgendes von sich:
I thought it would be a relatively easy mod to write to upload a pic to your profile as well.

There are two possibilities:

1. I could enhance UploadPic to make it work with the user profile, which is something it's not intended for and I wouldn't use it for (I honestly don't even see the need of having another picture in the profile, even more so as it could be done with the nickpage MOD once you manage to set it up).

2. I could write something totally different that would enhance the avatar-upload to upload another picture, but here again: I'd like to spend my free time programming stuff that I can use myself rather than doing jobs on request. Sorry.

Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Rang:godmode methusalem 3. platz professioneller Sportangler Profi-Winzer (7x Hamm) Arcade-Meister, Rang 16 rainbow-cup
~HG~

Verfasst am: Fr, 27 Jan 2006, 03:39
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

Hey thats fine as it was only a suggestion brought on by one of my members.

On the issue of the nickpage mod, do you know of an english version of it at all?

If so do you know where I can get it from?

Rang:
boris

Verfasst am: Fr, 27 Jan 2006, 07:35
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

~HG~ @ Fr, 27 Jan 2006, 03:39 gab folgendes von sich:
On the issue of the nickpage mod, do you know of an english version of it at all?

I didn't check for other versions as the one I had was full of errors and the functions that I finally managed to get working where not what I needed so I didn't check further.

There seems to be a version 2 in development which is said to have different languages, but the last post about it is almost a year old: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1460060#1460060

~HG~

Verfasst am: Fr, 27 Jan 2006, 19:21
Beitrag
Antworten mit Zitat

OK thanks a lot for you input.

The last version I downloaded was about 3 or 4 months ago and it was full of problems as well so I guess development on it has ceased as I have heard nothing for ages.

Rang:
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    beeForum Foren-übersicht » hal9000 » mod support Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:  

ähnliche Beiträge
Thema Autor Forum Antworten Verfasst am
Keine neuen Beiträge uploadpic auf orion phpBB instalieren hewika mod support 9 Mo, 03 Jan 2011, 20:18 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge uploadpic Problem -> hilfe benötigt Dakota mod support 1 So, 15 Aug 2010, 14:39 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge UploadPic 1.3.7 Imagerotate Morpheus mod support 2 Mo, 08 Sep 2008, 18:41 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge UploadPic 1.3.7 Besitzer ändern Morpheus mod support 2 Mo, 08 Sep 2008, 14:18 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen
Keine neuen Beiträge UploadPic 1.3.7 (Image Resize) Morpheus mod support 6 Mo, 08 Sep 2008, 12:15 Letzten Beitrag anzeigen

Schreiben: nein. Antworten: nein. Bearbeiten: nein. Löschen: nein. Umfragen: nein.
phpBB © phpBB Group | impressum